Recently a client came to us with a straightforward problem. “Can you produce a multi-speaker virtual event with the following attributes?” The list was as follows:
- Professional production quality. (As the client put it, “It had to be like a TED Talk.”)
- Robust audio and video interaction between speakers
- A high level of virtual audience engagement
- A price tag we can afford
Taken individually, these objectives are simple to achieve. Live streaming makes it possible to provide professional production quality. Web conferencing platforms support interaction between multiple speakers. Webinar platforms offer audience engagement through native Q&A. But satisfying all three at a reasonable cost is a challenge.
While a few platforms offer some degree of customization (e.g., branding, background, and placement of speaker and content windows), they don’t support the level of professional production quality many virtual event planners desire. These include:
- Participant labeling with names and titles (“lower thirds”)
- Video roll-ins and interstitials
- Seamless transition between broadcast segments, presentation layouts, and content formats (slides, graphics, videos, presentation and discussion) that provide a pristine viewing experience
- Flexible screen formats that could include
- side-by-side with presenter and content on-screen together
- spotlight with presenter only on screen and grids with multiple panelists on-screen together
Attention to subtle nuances can drive a great virtual event. Tactical understanding of the applications makes it fool proof. Doing all of this without breaking the bank? Totally possible.
Align Virtual Solutions can work with you to choose a virtual event configuration that meets all your virtual event requirements. Give us a call at (571) 620-2857. We can help.